Via a friend on birdsite, some real nice graphics on what a 25% increase in housing can look like: https://medium.com/@firstcultural/how-california-can-build-3-5-million-new-homes-dfe2f0ba3466
Sorry about the medium-dot-com link
- shadows! they will be cast on a garden!
- renters! they will not be part of the community and will not take care of their property!
- rich condo owners! they will buy the condos and force us all out!
- they will all park on the street and we, the True People of the Neighborhood, will never be able to park our cars again!
- Developers will make a profit and that is bad because capitalism is bad!
@hypomodern but really this is an excellent illustration of why loosening up and allowing a little more housing everywhere is much better than relying on a silver bullet of one or two strategies for intense new development...
Hi there! A2mi.social is a Mastodon community intended for people living/working/studying in and around Ann Arbor (including Ypsi and elsewhere!) and their friends. Please read more about this community here, including this site's rules and other important information.