Increasingly my advice for small businesses who want websites is clearly stating:
- What goods and services do you offer?
- Why is your offering better than "other website"?
- How can a customer contact you?
- How can a customer pay you?
Have at least one page per bullet point. Link to it obviously in a menu.
Do that and you're doing better than 95% of your competition.
@csalzman wonder if you'd look at my wife's website and provide thoughts
@Erich happy to give a quick look!
@Erich this is very good and hits all of my patent pending "steps to online success" I tooted about! this is in very good shape.
- Contact Form should have one field for "name" first and last is too cumbersome
- I rarely suggest making forms longer, but a field for "pet's name" would likely make people want to fill it out. People love talking about their pets
- blog is out of date. everything on that facebook page should be on there too!
- see if squarespace can serve it from https always
@csalzman thanks! I'm sure there's a way to make Facebook autopost to the blog. https may take some research.
@Erich https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815898-Squarespace-and-SSL go into settings and click on "Secure (Preferred)" that should work.
@Erich oh hey your wife is one of our cats vets! Lyssa is a lifelong friend of mine, we were very excited when she got her own practice nearby a few years ago 😄
@dgoings small town! My wife and Lyssa had planned a long time to start a practice together and we are all very glad it worked out in the end.
@csalzman but can I make it out of one big flash widget??
@bdimcheff blocked and reported to the admins
Hi there! A2mi.social is a Mastodon community intended for people living/working/studying in and around Ann Arbor (including Ypsi and elsewhere!) and their friends. Please read more about this community here, including this site's rules and other important information.